Stole it from the Big P (Pinterest for all of you people that have offline activities). Made it our own but still awesome enough to share! Loved drinking this at the holiday popup!
- First I sliced up (left skins on) some apples that were starting to soften enough for kids to take 2 bites and reject them for their tenderness. I added these to a freezer bag with a ton of pumpkin pie spice and froze them.
- Second I purchased at the store a bag of clearance Cranberries (poor cranberries – their time is so short to be in the spotlight). Froze these too.
- I also purchased a 1/2 gallon of apple cider, a bottle of white wine and a bottle of ginger ale.
Truth be told I had the wine and my in-laws bought the ginger ale on the way to my house for the party because I forgot about it in my pre-popup madness.
I am not a big fan of measuring and of course I took no after pictures so just use your imagination.
Here is the basic recipe:
- Put about 2 apples portion of the frozen spiced apples in the large glass pitcher. Put about half of the bag of frozen cranberries in as well.
- Filled the pitcher half way with white wine (Pinot Grigio) – this was about half of a normal sized bottle.
- Added one of those teeny bottles of Vanilla Flavored Vodka.
- Filled the pitcher 3/4 of the way with the apple cider (this is farm cider not apple flavored juice). Filled the rest with ginger ale.
- Stirred it and let it sit for a bit.
- Drank it.
So I was not hammered I mixed it up with half glasses periodically and topped them off with the ginger ale. That seemed to work well. It is not highly alcoholed BUT went down quickly.