I was playing around on Pinterest looking for stuff to do with birch. I am a big fan of the bark and I purchased a bunch of it from eBay and want to use it. I saw an ornament made out of birch with a beautiful burned in image. And I thought – I could draw that. And you could too!
All I did was free hand in the following order:
- Vertical lines to show tree trunks
- Leafless branches off of the trees sporadically
- Variegated lines to show the natural variation in the bark
- The heart with letters “carved in”
- Colored the heart with red, the trunks with grey and the places in between with sky blue
Going to frame and give it to the Mr for his desk at work with a picture of us.