Wanted to share a little secret with all of the ladies – I use the beard oil a few days a week on my face. Drew took a bottle of the Streaker (Unscented) Oil and added 10 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil to it. “Tea Tree Oil also known as melaleuca, is well-known for its powerful antiseptic properties and ability to treat wounds. Tea tree oil (TTO), the volatile essential oil derived mainly from the Australian native plant Melaleuca alternifolia has been widely used throughout Australia for at least the past 100 years. And for over seven decades, it’s been documented in numerous medical studies to kill many strains of bacteria, viruses and fungi”. (https://draxe.com/tea-tree-oil-uses-benefits/)
I do not believe every claim about essential oils – and there are a lot of them floating about. But I also suffer from adult onset acne AND wrinkles (don’t be jealous!). This helps – plus my skin feels phenomenal after I use it – not oily but glowing and soft. I am pretty sure this is close to the expensive “serums” you can buy for wrinkle reduction.
Here is a bit of information about the oil. It contains:
- Almond Oil – This is for moisturizing the skin.
- Jojoba Oil – Helps clean pores – this is as close as you can get to the natural oil your body produces.
- Avocado Oil – This is supposed to assist with wrinkles (Not sure we believe that but it’s worth a shot) and is rich in Lecithin which helps the body absorb the other ingredients in the oil.
- Grape seed oil – Helps with acne and oily skin and is supposed to protect against UV rays. it is also supposed to be good for “mature” skin and sensitive skin. It also absorbs quickly since it is such a light carrier oil.
- Vitamin E – I was told this helps reduce redness and dark spots.
Interested in giving it a shot? Here is a link to the Streaker!